The Heartworm Scare

King's Puppyhood_4aftercroppingThe heartworm scare – we’ve all been there because they are scary. It is scary to know they can kill our dogs. Years ago when I worked in veterinary medicine as a tech, I saw many dogs have to be treated for heartworm which was rather awful as we used arsenic to kill the heartworms but it often killed the dog in the process. But the REAL scare is the lie that using these toxins is somehow prevention and safe. On our dog group I recently stated in response to someone who called them poisons that was the key word: poison. And I also asked how can a poison be considered prevention or protective? Nature does provide better solutions (see below). Continue reading The Heartworm Scare

Pest Control: Poisoning our pets through conventional “prevention” methods

anDogItchConventional pest control is a common practice among pet owners these days. After all, we’ve been taught to be afraid, be very afraid of the wicked diseases and pestilence they bring. Yes, I know about Lyme’s disease among other things and I am not discounting that but we have been looking at this all wrong thanks to modern scare tactics convincing us that the only solution is to poison the heck out of these pests and then label it “prevention“. We are, however, poisoning our beloved pets in the process as well.

These critters are something all dog and cat owners get nervous about, especially during the warm summer months. However, we would begin to understand that these “pests” (what we consider to be pests anyway as there is a balance in nature if we’d stop interfering with our chemical poisons) can only truly infest, infect, etc., within a perfect host during a perfect storm in the body, then we’d not allow the big pharma-medical industry conglomeration continue to scare us into putting horrible topical and internal poisons ON and IN our beloved pets while believing that they are being protected from these pests. All I can say is – take off those gloves if you believe these pesticides (which is what they are -and so is the internally given pill) are so safe they can be applied to the fur and skin of our pets. Wouldn’t it stand to reason that if it is safe to put this stuff ON our pets they’d be safe to touch on our own skin also, right? Wrong on both counts. Continue reading Pest Control: Poisoning our pets through conventional “prevention” methods